Acquisitions continue to fall short of their intended benefits post-close. Despite intensive analysis and planning pre-close, many acquirers experience:
- Escalating integration costs and timescales
- Increased post-close business costs and disruption
- Customer confusion, dissatisfaction and flight
- Markets punishing those unable to tell – or deliver – a compelling story about the deal
- Investors losing confidence in M&A as a route to strategic growth
- Lack of appetite or readiness for further deals
BTD’s Deal Readiness Assessment* helps those involved in a merger or acquisition better understand the risks and challenges they will face post-close, and how ready they are to address them to maximise deal benefits.
It also allows acquirers and their investors to benchmark their readiness against dozens of past acquisitions across deal sizes and sectors.
*When conducted post-close, BTD’s Deal Performance Assessment highlights areas where integration can be improved and benefit delivery enhanced or accelerated.